Each Unit includes 4 focus read alouds. Each focus read aloud has 5 days of lesson plans to accompany it.
Each read aloud lesson includes a focus on:
- Author's Purpose
- Writer's Craft
- Story Element
- Art Element and/or Phonological Component
- Reaction/Connection to Read Aloud
- Extension Activity
Resources also included in each unit:
- Unit Overview
- Additional Titles List
- Author Focus (photo and author info)
- Vocabulary Cards
- Printables needed for extension activity
- Extension ideas for each book title.
UNIT 2: Read Alouds
Fall Pumpkins - Martha EH Rustad
Leaf Man - Lois Ehlert
What Can You See in Fall? - Sian Smith
The Thankful Book -Todd Parr
Learn more about this lesson and all the Literacy Units here.
Note: The titles listed above do not accompany this lesson plan unit. You will need to acquire the books on your own.