Each Unit includes 4 focus read alouds. Each focus read aloud has 5 days of lesson plans to accompany it.
Each read aloud lesson includes a focus on:
- Author's Purpose
- Writer's Craft
- Story Element
- Art Element and/or Phonological Component
- Reaction/Connection to Read Aloud
- Extension Activity
Resources also included in each unit:
- Unit Overview
- Additional Titles List
- Author Focus (photo and author info)
- Vocabulary Cards
- Printables needed for extension activity
- Extension ideas for each book title.
UNIT 2: Read Alouds
Pig the Pug - Aaron Blabey
I Don't Want to Be a Frog! - Dev Petty
Lots of Feelings - Shelley Rotner
Can I Play Too? -An Elephant and Piggie Book -Mo Willems
Learn more about this lesson and all Literacy Units here.
Note: The titles listed above do not accompany this lesson plan unit. You will need to acquire the books on your own.