Each Unit includes 4 focus read alouds. Each focus read aloud has to accompany it.
- Author's Purpose
- Writer's Craft
- Story Element
- Art Element and/or Phonological Component
- Reaction/Connection to Read Aloud
- Extension Activity
- Unit Overview
- Additional Titles List
- Author Focus (photo and author info)
- Vocabulary Cards
- Printables needed for extension activity
- Extension ideas for each book title.
UNIT 1: Read Alouds
Pete the Cat Rocking in my School Shoes - Pete Litwin
If You Take a Mouse to School - Laura Numeroff
Llama Llama Misses Mama - Anna Dewdney
If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't -Elise Parsley
Learn more about this lesson and all Literacy Units here.
Note: The titles listed above do not accompany this lesson plan unit. You will need to acquire the books on your own.